Re: [orca-list] vlc

Em 22/10/2010 20:18, Jared Wright escreveu:
From everything I've been told, QT is just a better looking graphics library than GTK. Bummer for us, I know, but that's the straightest answer I've gotten from anyone about why they use QT over GTK. For what it's worth, there's a GTK frontend for VLC, but it isn't up to date so you'll have to use old versions of VLC.

JW

Yeah, there's also a so called 'highly praised' music player on Linux called Amarok, and it's also made in QT. In fact Amarok is developed by the KDE team so it is probable to happen anyways. But at least Exaile is making its way as an alternative for GNOME users. But seriously Rhythmbox despite some limitations on how to organize music, like support for very few fields, resolves a lot. I find its simple interface very atracting, especially in the navigation area.

So sad to see VLC front-end for GTK in its stage. Well I have to say that even LBDVDCSS is not recent either. The last version I saw of this library was released in 2005. So, maybe it's an option for playing DVD, although I insist on Totem. I don't know the reason why I love GNOME so much.