Re: [orca-list] vlc

The VLC console interface may of course also used together with Orca, but
the graphical interface isn't accessible as VLC switched from GTK to Qt
some time ago.

cheers

   Henning
Which was my disapointment, btw. Does anyone know the reason why VLC made such decision.

Recently I've made some tests with DVD on Totem Movie Player and I noticed that even with all the necessary codecs installed, Totem doesn't seem to interact pretty well with libdvdcss. And I thought I could live with Totem. Then I tried VLC, it handles DVD fine, has nice commands for controling playback, but because of the use of QT you can't access menus nor configure the software.

Is Totem under active development yet? I'd rather go for Totem because it is simple and it does its job smoothly, but this DVD thing is kinda anoying.

Cheers,

Edu.