Re: [orca-list] Cannot install speech dispatcher from git

Hi,
OK, so I managed to get everything installed, but when I try to start speech-dispatcher with
/etc/rc.d/speechd start it starts but spd-say doesn't work. It can't connect to unix socket. What should I
change?
Many thanks,
Christian

On 2010-10-18 at 12:31 Christopher Brannon wrote:

"Christian" <christian08 runbox com> writes:

Hi all, I have been trying to install the speech-dispatcher git
package found in the arch linux aur, but it fails on autoreconf and I
am not able to find it.

In other words, you don't have the autoreconf binary?
This comes from the autoconf package.  Install that, and you should be
good to go.  If that doesn't help, then feel free to send me the output
From makepkg off-list, and I'll try to diagnose the problem.

-- Chris