Deletion of the old directory is probably the best in the long run
however.  I just wonder if a bug should be filed as the new settings
should be saved no matter if the old .orca directory is still present.

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 10:22:10AM -0400, Derek London wrote:
And it's just that simple. :P  If that's not mentioned somewhere in the orca documentation, imo it probably
should be.  Either that or a message displayed from orca about that deprecated directory.  It works now,
thanks.

From: Storm Dragon
Sent: Sunday 03 Oct, 2010 10:03
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca settings aren't being saved

Hi,
If you are using the latest Orca and still have the ~/.orca/ directory it doesn't save new settings. Check
to make sure that ~/.local/share/orca/ exists, and if it does, then remove your ~/.orca directory with the
command:
rm -r ~/.orca/
After the old directory is removed things should save as expected.
HTH
Storm
      --
Registered Linux user number 508465: