[orca-list] orca settings aren't being saved

I recently installed voxin, and tried to set some preferences for the new voice. Anything I change in the orca preferences screen is good only for the current session.  Whenever orca is restarted, or the machine rebooted, the new settings are lost and the defaults restored.  Is there something I need to do besides clicking apply and then ok?  Could there be a file that might have had permissions changed by a script?  If that’s a possibility, what file(s) should I check, and what permissions do they need to be set with?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5499 (20101003) __________

http://www.eset.com