Re: [orca-list] Orca Version

Hi,

2010/10/2 Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976 gmail com>

Hi,
I am trying to set the Orca version in a variable. However, doing the following returns nothing:
myVar=$(orca --version);echo $myVar
only shows the warnings, the variable $myVar doesn't contain anything.

I've tried and it doesn't work which is very weird... It should
work... I guess is a some kind of bug there...

So, if I import Orca in to a python script, orca-customizations.py for example, can I just use a built in
Orca variable for the version?
Something like orca.version?

At my Ubuntu Lucid version (Orca=2.30.2) this work for me:
version=$(python -c "import orca.platform ; print
orca.platform.version") ; echo $version

But now 'orca.platform' was moved to 'orca.orca_platform' because this
was called from 'orca.py' as 'platform' but there is already another
Python module from the system with that name.
I tried with the master version and didn't work... I should be something like:
version=$(python -c "import orca.orca_platform ; print
orca.orca_platform.version") ; echo $version
But is not working for me :-/

I guess something was missing with the platform rename, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyways, the variable you're looking for is 'version' from
.../orca/orca_platform.py
I hope this caould help.

--
Juanje