Re: [orca-list] sorting cells?

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 04:50:43PM -0400, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi

If I'm in calc and I have a column of names lets say in a2 through a30. Is it possible to make calc sort
those names and put them in alphabetical order somehow?

Yes.  This is all native to OOo Calc.  Go into the Data menu and
choose Sort.  This will open up a dialog where you can choose which
fields to sort on, ascending or descending, and some other sort
options.  If your columns have headers on them, the combo box will
read those names.  It looked pretty strait-forward to me and also
appears to be quite accessible.  I didn't start the sort itself but
I'm assuming the rest of the process is just as accessible as that
first dialog you come to.