Re: [orca-list] Orca-2.31.1 and OOo

Hi Jason.

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 09:56 +1100, Jason White wrote:
Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com> wrote:
Regardless of what is causing OOo to quit in terms of Orca, OOo
shouldn't be this fragile. It would be good if a bug could be filed
against OOo in their issue tracker.

How will this be coordinated with LibreOffice?

Dunno. Is LibreOffice no longer incorporating code from OOo? If that is
indeed the case, then a couple of bugs should probably be filed rather
than one. If they are still incorporating code from OOo, I'd file the
bug against OOo. Say what you will about the parties involved, but the
Oracle folks working on OOo a11y are incredibly skilled and typically
pretty responsive. Whether or not we'll find the same from the
LibreOffice folks remains to be seen.

Every major Linux distribution that I am aware of has committed to LibreOffice
and the Document Foundation, which appears to be a solid move in the right
direction and long over due in my opinion.

Ignoring issues of accessibility for a moment, I would agree. It's sad
when things which are otherwise good and right impact us negatively. I
wish I had the answers. Hopefully someone else here does.

--joanie