Re: [orca-list] Opportunity to Contribute to GNOME Accessibility: Orca Performance Improvements

That sounds like a pretty daunting task to dump on a single person. I'm still trying to find my way around this ATK stuff and gnome so I'm probably not qualified to apply for this contract position but I sure wouldn't mind some training or something so I could get further along and be able to contribute more in the future.

I'm even wondering if those of us who have a serious intent on contributing more code changes and analysis of Orca or the applications feeding into it, could somehow pick this up more quickly or find some good concise training, we could collectively add more to this effort.

I recently found some additional documentation on how to use Accerciser but then as I went through the tutorial I found it nearly impossible to use the ipython console. When I asked about this issue on the list recently, I got no replies. Does hardly anyone deal much with Accerciser or does noone use the python console? It looked to me like that part of Accerciser could be helpful like in other debuggers.

Somehow, the general lack of documentation on Accerciser and other ATK functions has been making my learning of this work quite a bit slower than I had hoped.

Some of the bugs I am willing to adopt because they interest me are hard for me to get started on because I'm still learning how to efficiently navigate around in the internals of Gnome, ATK and Orca. It's slowly coming along but still...

I don't mean to sound like a whiner or complainer or be full of excuses but I am anxious to get a foot-hold on this so I can really begin to help and contribute more to this and related projects.

I wish the winner of this contract lots of luck.