Re: [orca-list] what is the level or accessibility with open office impress?

Hi Krishnakant.

I see that some attempts are being made for open office impress.

Yup. As the OOo guys fix the bugs, we can add the support in Orca.

So I am interested to know what is the kind of accessibility we
currently have>

Work in progress.

Can I make slides myself>

I think so. It's likely not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
But it would be valuable to have some feedback from you in this area.

Can I run the presentations and go through the slides>

If you mean by pressing F5 and using Page Up/Page Down to read an
existing presentation, no. We get no events whatsoever out of Impress
under those circumstances. But I'm hoping the OOo guys will address that
issue before too long. After all, it should not be all that complicated
for someone to "just read" a presentation whose slides were provided in
electronic format as an accessible alternative. But I'll leave that rant
for another day. <smile>

The alternative, which perhaps is what you're referring to above and
what the OOo guys are advocating instead of making slide show mode
accessible, is the use of the Presenter Screen. [1] This is still on my
list of things to check out. If you happen to beat me to that and could
report back, it would be great.

Thanks!
--joanie

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Presenter_Console