Re: [orca-list] orca pidgin support broken?

Hey Zack.

I'm running orca 2.31.1 PRE from git, and pidgin 2.7.0.  For some reason,
the IMs I send and receive are no longer read as they used to be.

I can confirm this: In 2.6.5, things work as expected; in 2.7.0, they
fail as you describe. I've narrowed the problem down to a change in the
Pidgin accessible hierarchy combined with a heuristic in Orca which
depended on a specified hierarchy being present. <sighs> 'Tis the nature
of the beast, I suppose.... One day everyone will provide us with
expected AtkObject attributes and the need for hacky heuristics will be
gone. Today is not that day....

Therefore, what I'm going to do is proceed with the 2.31.2 release
without making any changes to the Pidgin script. Then I will modify the
pidgin script to address your problem. So hopefully, within a couple of
hours, Orca git master will have a Pidgin script which works with both
2.6.x and 2.7.0.

Thanks again for your report! Sorry for the inconvenience.
--joanie