Re: [orca-list] shutdown unaccessible with orca?

Richard <rickfunes yahoo com> wrote:
The only other way I know to shutdown a system is through the terminal.
shutdown -h now

You can also just use the halt command, which runs shutdown -h now in most
circumstances. The poweroff command is another equivalent.

I have edited /etc/inittab and configured ctrl-alt-del to shut down the system
instead of rebooting. For distributions that have moved to Upstart, I'm sure
there is a means of achieving the same effect, but I would need to go and look
up the details; Debian has not yet switched to Upstart by default, but a
migration appears to be planned for a future release.