[orca-list] FreeBSD

Hi List,

Just out of curiosity, has anyone configured up an accessible Gnome environment on FreeBSD?

We are entirely FreeBSD based at the company I work for, however I have never tried setting up a desktop environment using FreeBSD, only servers.

I see that Orca is available in the FreeBSD ports tree, as is speech-dispatcher, and most of the other components required to set up a speaking Gnome environment.

If anyone has tried this, I would be interested in hearing about your experiences, and if you hit any road blocks.

If not, then I might take a stab at it if I manage to track down some spare time somewhere, and document the process.

Cheers,

Mitch