Re: [orca-list] problems with the focus on the eclipse

Hey JosÃ.

Thanks for the follow-up. That makes a lot of sense. Orca by default
ignores object:text-caret-moved events from objects which are not the
locusOfFocus. Otherwise we'd be announcing all sorts of nonsense....

As I'm gathering you have figured out, had a focus: event and/or an
object:state-changed:focused event with detail1 == 1 been emitted by the
text object in question, we would've updated the locusOfFocus and thus
not ignored the subsequent caret-moved events that you've discovered
we're getting.

While we *could* try to handle this within Orca, doing so would be a
hack. Therefore, if you haven't already done so, could you please file a
bug with your findings against Eclipse?

Thanks again for all your help!
--joanie