Re: [orca-list] RFE foranother level os silencing speech

Yes I like the idea as well, I frequently find I could do with it.

Related to this, speakup has four levels of silencing:
* control/shift (or some other key which doesn't do anything), stop speech but let new stuff be spoken. * Numpad enter, silence until next key press at which point return to normal.
* numpad0+numpad-enter, silence speech except for review.
* Kill speakup temporarily, can't remember the actual key stroke, but very much like orca's orca+s.

So my question is, how relevant are the different levels for orca? Actually now looking at my wording of speakup's numpad0+numpad-enter, if orca was only to speak flat review I get the feeling that could be not so good, (may be if orca spoke after other keys, eg. cursor and tab/shift+tab it may be useful) but may be the numpad-enter one would be useful as well.

Michael Whapples