Re: [orca-list] voice profiles?

Jacob Schmude writes:
The talk about the say all voice got me thinking of another feature I
would really like to see: voice profiles like in jaws 10 and later. This
would be nice for reading content in other languages, you could assign a
hotkey to switch profiles and could have your parameter set up for each
language you use. It wouldn't just store the tts engine and voice, but
the rate, pitch, and volume associated with it and probably for all
three (maybe four if the say all voice is implemented) voice types if
their parameters are different from the default voice. This really would
make it easier to deal with reading multiple languages.

It should also be called automatically in any document where language
changes are indicated by markup, such as is supported by html/xml.

I like the idea of an easy way to switch languages/voices, but it's also
necessary, imho, to make this switching automatic in multilingual
documents.

Janina