Re: [orca-list] date and time keybindings

Getting a bit off topic perhaps, but I'm seeing a consistent flaw in
your reasoning. You are mistaking Windows for GUI. People aren't
interested in using GNOME because of its resemblance to Windows, they
want to use it because it, like most GUIs, makes things easier. You
should, I think, look into GUI history a bit more. There was a lot of
GUIs that people used before Windows, and will be many to come even
after Windows and GNOME are ashes. Most people using GNOME or any
alternate GUI environment, actually, are people who are interested in
something *different* from Windows yet still consistent with some of the
very basic GUI concepts they already know. If not, they wouldn't even
look at it since, after all, they're not interested in anything but
Windows. By the logic you are applying, nothing different from Windows
would ever take off since it's different from what people already know.
People will use what works for them. IF someone likes Windows or its
associated AT products better, by all means use them. Some of us though
don't find Windows or JFW the pinnacle of useability. That is why I at
least looked at things other than Windows to begin with, not because
they were like Windows but because they were different and offered
something new and promising.