Re: [orca-list] How you can help

Hi,

On Do, MÃr 04 2010, trev saunders gmail com wrote:

Luck, I believe you'r correct.  I believe the kvm website some where
tells you what flags should be in /proc/cpuinfo if your processor
supports hardware virtualization.

For Intel CPUs it's vmx. You could also try to load the kvm-intel kernel
module, modprobe will print an error message if hardware virtualization
support is not available.

btw: My laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad x60s) has a Core Duo cpu with 1.66 ghz
which supports hardware virtualization. As far as iI know the Core Duo
family was one of the first one with hardware virtualisation support.

cheers

  Henning