Re: [orca-list] Double Reading in OpenOffice Writer

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 05:08 PM, Steve Holmes wrote:

Hey, has anyone been experiencing any double reading of lines within
OpenOffice Writer documents?

To make it happen, just open up an existing Writer or Word document
and begin reading down the page by pressing down arrow to hear each
line.  I find that it speaks each line twice as you arrow over it.  If
you scroll back up, it doesn't do that and then if you go back down
over the lines previously seen, it doesn't speak twice either.  It's
like it only double speaks if the cursor hasn't yet passed over the
lines of text.

Yes, I did experience this problem, but with openoffice 3.2 and orca 2.27.92 on ubuntu 9.04, I don't get the problem.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.