Re: [orca-list] Can someone look into this possible bug for me?

I have found more info on this bug. It does in fact appear to be a bug in Orca or one of its dependencies. Upon reading Bill's post, I tried killing orca using

killall -9 orca

but there was no response. Everything on my desktop was still unresponsive. Then I did what would normally be a very stupid thing. I went back to the text console and killed python itself.

killall -9 python

I then switched back to GNOME and found that even Firefox had once again become responsive and my CPU was no longer running hot. I can then start Orca again and continue using Firefox.

The freeze isn't automatic upon loading the page. It only occurs when tabbing or arrowing to the checkbox that says "Remember me". Once that checkbox gains focus, Orca freezes and takes everything else with it until Python is killed. Then, upon restarting Orca, everything works fine again, as long as the "Remember me" checkbox is avoided. Normal signon should work fine, and I was able to navigate away from ncsecu.org to Google and other web sites. The 3-finger salute is no longer required if Python is killed with the -9 signal. Note, however, that all apps that are written in Python will die and will have to be restarted.

~Kyle