Re: [orca-list] Firefox navigation bug

Hey Bill.

If you navigate news.google.com, a lot of headings are announced as
"heading 2".

I've not yet dug into it, but I can confirm it. I'm guessing that we're
moving to an empty section. (Div's get exposed to us as sections.)

If that is indeed the case, I'd say that the bug is in the markup (why
is there an empty section?) rather than Firefox or Orca. However, the
solution would be change Orca so that structural navigation only moves
to objects which are not empty. If you file such a bug today, I'll try
to fix it today -- tomorrow at the latest -- for the 2.31.4 release.

The attached file demonstrates the bug.

Not for me. Does it definitely for you? If so, then something else might
be going wrong. But in your example, I didn't see other items in your
heading; just the 'bar'.

Thanks.
--joanie