Re: [orca-list] joining the bleeding edge

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 04:26:09PM +1000, Peter Rayner wrote:
I would like to be able to use the repository version of orca both to
pick up new improvements but also help with debugging etc.
I haven't found a list of requirements for this at the gnome site. Can
someone point me to such a document or is it something as simple as
running gnome 2.30 and connecting to the git repositories for atk,
at-spi and orca?

you probably have most of the dependencies for orca already.  I'm not
aware of such a document.  My usual procedure is to just try to build
the relevent app, and if the build fails figure out what I need.  This
isn't too bad when you get used to it, and is a useful skill.  if your
using a debian decendant distro build-dep is fairly helpful at
getting the packages you need, but can sometimes give you more than you need, or  less than you need.

I'd also be interested in a fairly simple way of running either a
stable version or the development version, does anyone else do this?

right now I'm just using master, but theoretically the debian package is
installed, I haven't tested that the debian package works, but its in
/usr/bin, and /usr/foo/python, and master is build in /usr/local/bin/
and /usr/local/foo/python/bar, so theoretically they should both work if
you specify thfull path to the shell script, and set the python
enviroment variables correctly, I don't know exactly what to do though
unfortunitely.

If I actually wanted something like this I think I'd use something with
more spereation, like building the development version in a chroot / vm.

Trev

thanks in advance
Peter

--
I HAVE MOVED.
While my old email will continue to work, the old phone numbers,