Re: [orca-list] What's the Command I need?

Hi.
I am not sure if I understood but you can try:
ps to see a list of processes running
pgrep -l <part_of_processname> to found a specific process.

On 06/10/2010 02:47 PM, Chris Gilland wrote:
What's the command to check and see if a process/pkg is running?  I know
about the system monitor. I'd rather do this in terminal.  I have my
reasons.

I know I could do a killall and kill and restart it, or have it say it's
not running to start with, but, I really don't wanna kill something I
need just for that.

I'm sure there's a way, it's just slipping my mind at the time what the
command is.

Can someone tell me, like:

command [pkgname]?

Chris.