[orca-list] Setting up mail in Linux

ok guies.  I've converted from Ubuntu over to Vinux.  Be aware.

the vinux I'm using is the latest release, dono the build but I know it is, trust me to that.

Well, I got Evolution set up, but there is a little issue I'm having with Orca and wanted to see if one of you could help.

First of all, when I first get into evolution, what do I push being I haven't changed the vfiew at all more than I turned off the message preview. I need to know specifically what to hit to jump focus to my list of inbox messages. tabbing, I sometimes can hit it, but it seems a bit hurky jurky. Probly, I just dono what I'm doowen. Anyway, being I shut off the preview, once I hit enter on the e-mail to open it, this is where things're getting real weird. I hit f7 to turn on the carrot thingy, can't remember exactly what they call it. I understand once it's on, you don't have to keep hitting f7. I kno that. That's a given. Used to be what someone on list taught me to do in a really older version of Ubuntu was after hitting enter on the e-mail, then hit page up until I hear the word panel. then, just symply down arrow to start reading line by line the msg. well now, any time I page up or whatever to where it says panel, if I then down arrow, absolutely nothing happens. I can't get back into the msg. Only thing I see that even is halfway doable, is to use flat review, with my num pad, and left click the first word of the body, and that'll jump my focus back. This really is quit honestly annoying. Is this a bug, or am I right. I just don't quite get how the layout is in Evolution. I know a lotta you may recommend Thunderbird instead, and that's fine, but, is there no way else to do this? I thought a setting up alpine, but I can't figure out how to set my road running pop3 account up. I dono where I put the settings in. I see where the smtp server goes, but not the other pop3 stuff. Don't tell me I gotta make a .fetchmailrc file. I don't remember the syntax to that at all. It's been years upon years! sense I'm messed with that.

Can someone help? btw, on another note, Storem, the post where you talk about enabling hight tracking in speak up off the main page at stormdragon.us? You might wanna edit that post to tell people it's the asterisk key on the numpad or in the case of most laptops make sure numlock is off, then do function+p. that on all the systems I've seen is the star key.

speak up+shift+num row 8 won't do it. I tried. Saying as you did to hit right arrow to get to the setup menu, then down arrow to it and I think you said hit space bar, is really confusing as I tried that knowing, right arrow is gonna move character by character in a terminal not bring up a menu. That couple of steps made entirely, honestly no sense.

Or, is it again, I'm missing something here.

anyway... as for the thing about my e-mail in Evolution, someone please help, many people as are on here and probably use it, I am positive I'll get a response incredibly quick on this.

Chris.