There is also a default module that is usually espeak that you can change to ibmtts. How ever with orca if you uncommented the addmodule line for ibmtts in the speechd.conf files you shoudl be able to choose ibmtts from the synth list in orca speech tab.

If this is not the case perhaps look that your install was successful.

Cheers

On 06/08/2010 04:42 PM, andrea andrearoveretto it wrote:
Hello and thanks for the help!
Infact the line was commented, but when I removed the # sign nothing
changed.
I have restarted the computer to be sure, double-checked the #  sign was
not there again, and nothing was different than before.

Since I saw a log dir in the .speech-dispatcher I checked there, there is a
ibmtts.log but as all the other its empty...

thanks for any help!
Andrea

----- Original Message -----
From: jose vilmar estacio de souza<vilmar informal com br>
To: Andrea Roveretto<andrea andrearoveretto it>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:06:52 -0300
Subject: Re: [orca-list] voxin with orca

Hi.
Edit ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf and look for a line with the
following content:
AddModule "ibmtts"       "sd_ibmtts"    "ibmtts.conf"
Probably the line is commented, with a # sign in front it.
Remove the # sign, save the file and restart speech-dispatcher.
To restart you can try killall speech-dispatcher.

Should work.