Re: [orca-list] backing up orca

michael weaver <weavermicha googlemail com> wrote:
after going into the properties menu on my usb stick i found out why
deja-dup refused to create backups after one backup and it was to do
with file permissions.
now if i am going to update orca what is the default folder for orca
when i choose what to backup?
deja-dup backs up home by default but i don't know if this covers
the orca settings or if i need to add it to my backup.

By "folder", I assume you mean "directory".

The settings are in ~/.orca and the software is in various directories under
/usr.

You could always downgrade to the old version of the package if the new one
doesn't meet your needs reliably, or if you are building from the git
repository, you could install it under /usr/local and remove it later
(manually) if needed.