Re: [orca-list] strange voice obstructing Orca

Hi,

 it sounds like the espeak module for speechd / opentts is dying,
killall -HUP openttsd should fix the problem.  I assume you're using
pulse?  I'd like to track this issue down, could you attach gdb to the
sd_espeak process, and when that process dies get a backtrace?

do something like this:
gdb -p `pidof sd_espeak` # speech may stop the next step should fix
this
at the prompt type 'c' #go away until you get the no modules message
then at the gdb prompt run bt and mail the results.  I'd suggest using
script(1) to record the gdb session so you don't have to worry about
copying text without orca.

Trev