[orca-list] Lets try to make all, what is possible to make Orca functioning with latest stable XFCE desktop environment

Dear core developers of Orca,

I would like to very, very valuably please You, if You would try to provide me some information to make Orca working with XFCE desktop environment, which is included with Xubuntu.

My opinion is, that The only issue is, that .gtkrc-2.0 file must be created in The home folder and that at-spi-registry must be started during XFCE initialisation.

Please, can be at-spi registry started manually from The console if no Xserver is running, or this server must be only started when Xserver such as Gnome or XFCE is running? I found out, that XFCE would be accessible without making complex programmers changes to The Orca source code or in The components, which are The part of The Orca source code and are compiled by using GCC during typing make command as A root user.

Orca can fully access Mozilla Firefox WEB browser, eventhough user is using XFCE desktop. All quick navigation scripts are working ammazingly, all dialog Windows in Mozilla Firefox are accessible. But if user closes Mozilla Firefox, Orca is terminated automatically. Other applications are not accessible with Orca. Please, do YOu think, that Mozilla Firefox is making somethink with at-spiregistry or other modules so if Mozilla Firefox is started, Orca can read everythink from This application, but from other application it is not possible? Orca is not able to read even Orca preferences dialog window. So please, would You tell me which command should i use to start at-spi registry in The right time so Orca can connect to it not only, when Mozilla Firefox is being running?

Here is The answer from one experienced professional from The XFCE development mailing list about it.

By default Xfce does not set the required environment variable to make
gtk use the accessibility backend (atk -> gail), i've created a bug
[1] for that, because that is indeed quite important.

To enable this in the toolkit you can do 2 things:
1) Create a .gtkrc-2.0 file in your home-directory and add the line:
gtk-modules="gail:atk-bridge"
2) Export a environment variable GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

I Am suggesting to test Xubuntu latest official release, because PUlseaudio sound server is there disabled and in PcLINUX, XFCE is not supporting hot keys for exeample, user can not activate The run dialog by pressing ALT+F2.

If somebody would try to test XFCE with Xubuntu and Orca by triing to use instructions which i posted, The process of creating .gtkrc-2.0 file? I would be very very glad.

Thank You very much for Your answer.