Re: [orca-list] Orca and D-Bus

Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> wrote:
Jason pretty much has it right. :-)

That's encouraging.

To expand upon this, however, I'll often refer to this as the
"Bonobo Deprecation" task for GNOME. As outlined in the following
WIKI page, this task covers AT-SPI, Magnification, and Speech:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

One issue that I couldn't find discussed on that page concerns the
performance of a DBus-based AT-SPI. As I remember, there were, initially,
performance concerns, which I hope have been addressed. This should also help
to prepare this infrastructure for the move to mobile devices, where resources
can be highly constrained - but even for netbook-type devices, these issues
can be expected to arise.