Re: [orca-list] Orca and D-Bus

Jason pretty much has it right. :-)

To expand upon this, however, I'll often refer to this as the "Bonobo Deprecation" task for GNOME. As outlined in the following WIKI page, this task covers AT-SPI, Magnification, and Speech:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

Magnification and Speech will require work in Orca since the Orca code talks directly to some CORBA API's. For speech, the proposed path is deprecating gnome-speech in favor of the current support for SpeechDispatcher. For magnification, we're working on a D-Bus API for magnification. The goal is that gnome-mag will be ported to this API and the emerging magnification support being done for GNOME Shell will also expose this API. Orca will then talk to this new magnification API for D-Bus. For AT-SPI, we expect the new work to be a drop in replacement for pyatspi.

Will