[orca-list] orca and java applications behaving slow

Hello,
A friend asked me to look at a java application (jstock http://jstock.sf.net) and to let them know how it works with orca. Now at a quick glance it looks reasonably accessible accept I noticed after adding stocks when I tried to access the menu the desktop seemed to freeze. I had a go with orca debugging on and I found that after orca announces the file menu a load of script.getObjects messages. Running things for some time actually revealed that the desktop hadn't frozen totally it was orca holding things up and once orca had finished processing I could continue.

OK, precise instructions for what I did:
1. launch jstock
2. Go to edit menu and select add stocks.
3. Add entire stock market (I have tried with other options and got the same result but lets keep it simple).
4. Press OK button.
5. Press f10 for the menu and then press right as if you were trying to get to edit menu.

You should now find that things seem to freeze up. This is the point where I get lots of "script.getobjects looking at child X" (where X is a number) messages in the debug file of orca.

Now this makes me wonder if this might be the same cause for other unresponsive java swing apps (eg. netbeans).

Have I identified the problem? Is there anything which could be done to speed things up?

I am using orca 2.28.3, but I don't think its version specific.

Michael Whapples