[orca-list] Voxin still not installing

Hi All,
I have the Voxin 0.27 update.
I am trying to get it installed on Ubuntu 9.10 i386 desktop edition,
installed on a thumb drive.
I have reinstalled the Ubuntu to try to correct anything I may have done
before, because previously, all I got was "broken dependencies" on anything
related to Voxin.
I had done sudo apt-get install -f
but that did not help, and that is why I reinstalled Ubuntu.
Now, perhaps I did this wrong, but after reinstalling Ubuntu, I tried
installing straight from the upgrade of Voxin, version .27, because it has
the same installer file, the voxin-installer.sh.
So first, I tried going to its folder and running it, I extracted it in my
Downloads folder.
I went to the terminal and went to its folder and typed:
sudo chmod o+x voxin-installer.sh ./voxin-installer.sh
It never asked me any questions, but gave no errors.
I noticed that this did put the file:
sd_ibmtts
in the /usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules folder.
I edited the ./speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf file by taking the # from
the add ibmtts line, and I changed the default synth to ibmtts in that file.
the ibmtts still does not show up as a synth in Orca speech preferences.
I have also noticed that always after a bit of use, since I did all this,
that the dummy synth kicks in and I have to reboot.
I also tried running the voxin-installer.sh file in my voxin 0.15 folder,
which is the copy I purchased.
I have also tried running these two mentioned .sh files in the GUI
environment, but that did not help.
Someone needs to sell a version of Ubuntu, or Orca with Voxin as the default
synth so we do not have to go through all this grief.
I may have tried some other steps, but this is what is indelibly etched in
my mind at this time.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Glenn