Re: [orca-list] Orca: how to change voice dynamically

Hello,
I must admit I am not an expert on orca's code but here is what I guess might need to be done.

* You will need to detect the language of the text some how. This might be easier in certain applications as they may know this information but could be difficult in others (eg. a plain text editor such as gedit won't have language information).
* You will need some way for selecting the voice for each language (eg. I may have multiple english and german voices, how might it know which to use for german). This probably means adding settings to the orca settings window.

I imagine this might need changes through quite a bit of orca.

Michael Whapples