Re: [orca-list] getting started with orca

hi Jed,
I'll have to admit, I've gone through the Orca pages at gnome and I
still can't figure out how to hear hidden labels in forms and title
attributes and that sort of thing in Firefox... this coming from someone
who is used to a "forms mode" in JAWS.  Something important and
different about Orca is, if I understand correctly, that there is no
virtual buffer like Jaws and W-E have.  Orca just flat-out reads the
page.  I would think this means Orca can skirt some of the issues the
other readers have regarding things like AJAX and other non-refresh
screen updates.
You can make your own shortcut keys for in Firefox (and elsewhere) but I
don't know how to do things like hear titles of inputs where the title
is taking the place of the label... something we developers are told we
can get away with because JAWS and W-E are cool with that.  A bit
dangerous I guess, since there are more than just 2 readers in the
world! :-)

Subscribing to the mailing list and just reading the posts also help me
get a better feel for Orca.

-Mallory