[orca-list] orca and punctuation

Hi all,
I'm encountering a strange problem and wonder if anyone in the list can confirm.
I am running orca 2.29.6 in a ubuntu karmic 64-bit distro.
To reproduce try the following steps:
1. Run gedit and type some text. Use some special chars like ,(comma) and . (dot.

2. Press orca_key+space to activate the preferences configuration dialog,
choose the speech page and press tab until you find the punctuation selection. Make sure that the value most is selected.

3. Close the dialog opened in the step 2.

4. press orca_key+ctrl+space to activate the application preferences configuration dialog. Remember that gedit is the application in question.

5. Choose the speech page, press tab until you find the punctuation selection, change its value to all and click in the ok button.

6. Try to read the text create in the step 1. Orca does'nt announce the punctuation characters present in the text.

7. Press orca_key+space, choose the speech page and press tab until you find the punctuation selection. Instead of most, all is the value that is selected.

Thanks.

[]S José Vilmar Estácio de Souza

http://www.informal.com.br
Msn:vilmar informal com br Skype:jvilmar
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jvesouza
Phone: +55 21-2555-2650 Cel: +55 21-8868-0859