Re: [orca-list] does orca work with gnustep apps?

Sorry for continuing the seeming off topicness but espeak is used with
both gnome-speech and with Speech-Dispatcher, the speech engine
replacement for Orca in the next major release.

When compiling espeak, check the #include of protaudio.h; there is a
header for version 18, which uses OSS and version 19, which uses
ALSA.  So what you want to do is take and 'cp portaudio19.h

I hope I got the names of those headers right.  This is also discussed
in the INSTALL notes too.  Try that and make sure portaudio is
installed on your system also and see how the compile goes.