Re: [orca-list] Question About Alleged Abandonment Of Orca Support In JAVA Development

Hello,
I haven't heard anything of this but without a link to the thread on the other list its hard to know precisely what has been said.

Here is what I understand the situation to be. The java access bridge on Linux is no longer maintained but this isn't due to support for accessible java on Linux being supported, its that the java access bridge is being replace with the java ATK wrapper. I believe the differences should really be technical rather than noticeable to the user (its related to the dbus move in gnome, the java ATK wrapper shouldn't be specific to the internals of the at-spi system like the java access bridge was).

Michael Whapples