Re: [orca-list] how orca uses the uppercase voice

Hi, when I said the number 2, I was talking about the number 2 present in the second line.

On 12/18/2010 11:35 AM, Albert Sten-Clanton wrote:
"I think that the number 2 should be read using the default voice."

Why?  I'd want to know what's capitalized, whether it's a letter, word, or
line.

Thanks!

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of José Vilmar Estácio de Souza
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:31 AM
To: orca
Subject: [orca-list] how orca uses the uppercase voice

Hi all.

using gedit try the following experiment:
1. Insert the following text:
"this is the LINE 1"
whtout the quotations and the word line in uppercase.

2. Insert in the next line the following text:
"THIS IS THE LINE 2"
without the quotations and all the text in uppercase.

3. Read the two lines using the down arrow key.

Orca reads the first line using the default voice, although the lword line
is in uppercase.
It would be nice if the word line was read using the uppercase voice.

The second line is read using the uppercase voice, including the number 2.
I think that the number 2 should be read using the default voice.

Thanks.