Re: [orca-list] some tool to convert text to speech audio files

Hy Helios,

Yes, I have got an audio book converter application, but now only the stable version supporting hungarian language and now not possible choosing another Espeak language voice. My application is not a GTK application, using Zenity dialogs, not a big application, but perhaps very good your purpose with future. First I begin developing this application with Bash and Zenity, but recoded with Python when hungarian users requested pronunciation dictionary feature.
My application are converting external frontends with following files:
doc (antiword)
PDF (pdftotext)
HTML (builtin Espeak -m conversion)
ODT (odt2txt)
Plain text ofcourse supported.

My application are supporting basic pronunciation dictionary with an easy editable format, and supports with you want (Nautilus context menu if the caret are placed with a supported file format). The application are possible converting one mp3 file with standard pipeline, but supporting splitting conversion if you choosing this option and gived a time period. If you choosing splitting, need enough free space with your disk, because Espeak need storing the temporary splitted wave files before converting the splitted mp3 files.

Need I doing following tasks if more people want internationalizing this application: 1. Need doing localization support with the application (the application UI interface localization possibility is done, only the .deb package installation need doing right the future). 2. Need coding different Espeak language voice choosing support (this is not done yet, because now I not have got enough time).

If anybody interesting the developing version source, I welcome send anybody the source code, because my application of course is free software. But I am happier if anybody known a better already done application with better supporting with your syster purpose task.

Attila