Re: [orca-list] information on my backup files

Michael Weaver <weavermicha googlemail com> wrote:
I have decided after looking at various means of backing up files in
Linux to use the tar command.
However I have two tar files, both called Backup.tar.bz2 and I am trying
to find the date of the latest one so I don't d3elete the wrong file.
ls -l

You could look this up with the "man ls" command, and I would suggest reading
a good book about Linux in order to learn the shell and utilities.

My suggestion would be to start here:
http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

It's somewhat out of date, but remains the best introduction that I have found
thus far (I have been reviewing the options so as to give appropriate
recommendations to people who want to learn how to use and administer a Linux
system.)