[orca-list] Fwd: Re: Status of Jokosher accessibility?

Oopse, I always forget which of my lists sets which reply-to setting.
Sent this earlier today.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Status of Jokosher accessibility?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:49:02 -0500
From: Nolan Darilek <nolan thewordnerd info>
To: Mike Sheldon <mike mikeasoft com>

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just received my recording hardware
yesterday, so now am interested in finding apps with which to edit/mix.

I'm playing with stock Jokosher from Lucid, which seems quite
accessible, though unfortunately doc.jokosher.org appears down at the
moment so I can't determine whether the issues I am having are
accessibility ones or user error.

Out of curiosity, if the accessibility changes you made don't break
anything else, might they be merged into the main branch? Or have they
been already? Even if there are issues needing to be worked out,
committing the changes to trunk would at least make them available both
to end users, and to anyone wishing to continue the work later.

Thanks, I'm really excited about the increased accessibility in the
Linux audio editing space. When I did this same thing a few years ago,
my choices were Audacity and that was it, and while it does seem usable
now that I experiment with it more, that it was written using WX would
seem to place hard limits on what can ever be accomplished with it. It's
also cool that you've taken the time to join and monitor this list.

I've been looking into Ardour, and maybe they have lurkers here too, but
while it seems accessible at first glance, I ran into some showstoppers
that I may post about here in a later message. While I'd like to file
issues with them, their Mantis requires a CAPTCHA, and while I can
defeat those, I don't have the patience to right now.

So, thanks again.