Re: [orca-list] Speech dispatcher character pronounciations

My general thoughts on character pronuncuation are that the
characters, when spoken individually, should be kept as short as
possible as to not degrade speech performance.  That is, keep spoken
text to as few sylibals as possible.  That does prove to be a big
problem with these graphical symbols that require some degree of
description; I'm not sure how this should be addressed but certainly,
the more common punctuation marks can be kept really short like
appostrophy can be spoken as "tick" hyphen could be spoken as "dash",
asterisk could be spoken as "star" and onward.  Just my thoughts.