Re: [orca-list] Gentoo?

James Homuth wrote:
It's supposed to be possible with Speakup, but I never got it to work. I've
done it via SSH though.

One need not resort to ssh.  Although recent Gentoo ISO images do contain
Speakup, there's another method of doing an accessible install.
Gentoo doesn't provide any sort of installer program.  The procedure is all
done by hand.  You can do an eyes-free install using another speech-enabled
live CD and a stage 3 tarball.
I've done a Gentoo install using my talking ArchLinux CD [1].
Boot your accessible medium, follow the instructions in the Gentoo Handbook,
and everything *should* be fine.
Before you boot from the hard drive, take care to install
a screenreader.

Hope this helps,
-- Chris

[1] http://the-brannons.com/tarch/