Re: [orca-list] voxin finally works!

hey thanks I'll have to try that one out. I think it is so so very cool that we have a free open source graphical desktop that we can use! It is wonderful that we are not restricted to windows and jaws anymore like most people were in the 90s. Now I can just buy a dell netbook or almost any netbook, put vinux on the netbook or laptop and off I go!
Oh and did I mention I plugged in my kingston data traveler flash drive, vinux recognised it and it just worked! the actual device name was /dev/sdb . if you're interested in that stuff which I surely am. Vinux 3.0 Ubuntu 10.4 lucid is excellent! that's all I can say is wow I love it just like I love the mac OS. It just works. And I can copy and paste commands into the terminal and things and I even have speakup and yasr in case orca goes down for some weird reason. The terminal is great, GUI is great and console is great too. Its realy simple to use I think. You just have to acclimate yourself to it just like you get used to windows and get used to the mac you just use linux and then you just get used to it and how it works.
I wish there were commercials for mac and ubuntu all over the tv rather than windows being the dominant system. Maybe someday it'll happen and I really hope that it happens within the next decade or so.

Josh Kennedy
jkenn337 gmail com