Re: [orca-list] slight bug in Empathy support

Hey Jacob.

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 09:10 -0400, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi all
I've discovered a slight issue with Orca's empathy support. IF you make
an audio or video call, Orca will read the timer every second as the
elapsed time is updated. It's not a huge deal, since I just alt-tab away
from the window, but thought I'd report it. Empathy is seriously
awesome, and with a reliable sip client I think I can finally put Skype
to bed and be rid of both it and Pidgin.

Ugh. I'll try to fix that tonight. As you may have guessed, the generic
chat support looks heuristically at text-inserted events and tries to
guess if they are new messages. Then, in the application scripts we do
tweaking to filter out things like timers.

Thanks for the report!
--joanie