Re: [orca-list] should orca set up atk gconf?

I think I have just realised what you might be doing, are you starting gnome using startx rather than GDM?

On my arch system (running gnome 2.30) using GDM to start gnome, the key you refer to is false in my user account but orca runs fine. Also on my debian system (also using GDM to start gnome) I don't remember ever having to manually set this key.

May be the difference is to do with using startx.

Michael Whapples