[orca-list] Help debugging Firefox focus tracking

Hi, Joanie.  I've made some progress on Firefox focus issues.  I'm
running with Orca Caret Navigation off, and Grab focus off.  I think I
finally have setCaretOffset close to right.  The problem I have now is
strange.  Moving and focus seem to work correctly, and I can mix
tabbing, moving to headers, and arrow keys, and the cursor goes to the
right place.  When I use left/right arrow keys, I hear the letter to
the right of the caret spoken.  However, if I hit tab to get to a
link, or if I arrow into one, and then use the arrow keys to get out
of the link, characters are no longer spoken as I move over them with
left/right arrows.

I've attached my simple test HTML, and the debug output of Orca.  What
I did was start orca in a terminal, and then Alt+Tab to get to firefox
(which is called minefield in the orca output).  The caret was in the
middle of "test".  I arrowed left two or three times, hearing the
letters of "test" spoken backwards.  Then I hit Tab, and heard the
link announced.  Then I pressed left two or three times, but there was
no speech while I move over the letters in "test".  That's all I
recorded in the attached debug log.

When I shift to another application with Alt+Tab, and then switch
back, characters are once again spoken as I cursor over them with
left/right arrows.

Thanks,
Bill

test link