[orca-list] orca not working with latest components

Hi.  I am using the gentoo gnome overlay and I have a git pull of orca
from yesterday and an at-spi from this morning and an atk from this
morning and orca is not working.  I am getting a lot of messages
indicating that the apps can't find the registry, and when I ran orca in
a text console after setting DISPLAY=:0 , orca also said it could not
find it.  This is strange because there is a registryd process and here
 is its activation

/usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:Accessibility_Registry:1.0 --oaf-ior-fd=22

Is there another component out of date or what else must I do to get
this working?

Thanks much.

How do
you spend it?