Re: [orca-list] Incorporating Storm Dragon's customizations

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info on Orca and the installer differences. In OpenSolaris, I've heard depending on system config or hardware, if you're running Orca with ESpeak and you switch from an internal soundcard to a usb headset and back, speech dies, and nothing will bring it back. I've also heard that on a laptop at least, switching keyboards, even though the laptop keyboard setting is done in Orca's preferences also kills speech along with the keyboard. Is this a system specific thing, or can this be considered a GNOME or Orca bug? Considering that OpenSolaris 2009.06 uses older versions of GNOME and Orca.