Re: [orca-list] alternative synths

Hi,
Voxin has no demo. If you used Eloquence, it's the same thing. Also, Cepstral voices are available at cepstral.com. I have also heard that Neospeech has voices for Linux, but I don't know if they would work with Orca or even how to install them. I really wish they would because they sound the best of all the concatination style voices. There's also some free voices that may be worth checking in to like the Nitech and Mbrola voices. There's a script on my site for nstalling them, I have only ever used it in Ubuntu, but it should, in theory, work on all systems. You need to have Festival installed and working to use these voices. The link is:
http://stormdragon.us/voices-script/
HTH
Storm

--